Wednesday, 18 September 2019




Source/Courtesy: ISRO

ISRO-CHANDRAYAAN-2-06SEP2019.jpg - 38.96 kB










23 MARCH 2019 WMD

LIVE UNGA 73rd Ses/2018 




  13-20 August 2018  

     Kilauea Hawaii     


World Met/Day-23 March 2018 ‘Weather Ready-Climate Smart

Thunderbolts Without Rain Winter Anti-Cyclone (26-30 April 2017)

Thunderstorms Approaching Mauritius, Rodrigues and Reunion (05-08) April 2017.



 ENAWO Intense Tropical Cyclone (03-08 March 2017)  South Indian Ocean-4th 100% Perfect PREDICTION.


      Watch MMS LIVE





CARLOS Tropical Cyclone

(04-07) February 2017- S-W Indian Ocean,

another 100% Perfect PREDICTION.





DINEO-Cyclone  Click Animation- 13 Feb. 2017 (courtesy: NOAA)






FLOOD STORM and Cyclone CARLOS- January 2017.




LUNAR Eclipse-Friday 16 Sep. 2016. 



''NASA Sees Hurricane Matthew'' . Click to watch LIVE from NOAA or Watch from NASA/GPM here 






 LIVE from UN 71st Session  Speech of Sir Anerod Jugnauth PM of Mauritius.






SUN Annular Eclipse from Central Atl/Ocean to SE Indian Ocean-01 September 2016. 





THUNDERBOLTS trigger Heavy Rainfalls in Mauritius and

Rodrigues (28-30) April 2016.


BAN KI-MOON 08-10 May 2016

   Mission in Mauritius.



Part of FANTALA VITC with METEOSAT 7 Video




      Live with NOAA.






Watch Video DAYA Cyclone and TORRENTIAL RAIN  10-13 February 2016: South-West Indian Ocean





WMO Video 23 March-World Meteorological Day 2016





HALO SUN and MOON Predicting FLOOD for MARCH 2016
Halo Sun and Moon March 2016





 Cyclone CORENTIN January 2016

explans the cyclon correntin





 Flood Storm 31 December 2015

Explains the prediction of flood storm of dec 2015








Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

Article Index

OBSERVATIONS: I have noticed, after the passage of AMARA and BRUCE, that the atmosphere of our region appears rather bizarre and has changed in texture, cloud variations, wind direction, persistent heat and humidity; but, a little enhanced after the Flood episodes of 13 February and 30 March 2013.

These give me some indication that the cyclones which develop in this part of the Indian Ocean will change into TORNADOES. This is what I mentioned in my great document at page 24 and dated 28 May 2011, which I submitted to the Policy Makers of Mauritius. It should be noted that the Southern Africa is used to such atmospheric system. So, is BEJISA of this type?

                    Therefore keep watch for other updates.

P.KANHYE.                                                                                28 DECEMBER 2013.



 UPDATE : 02 JANUARY 2014.

BEJISA Cyclone has made Landfall 50 km South West of Reunion Island around 4pm on 02 January 2014. The impacts are considerable: 1 Dead and 14 people injured (2 serious); around 100 cyclone refugees; more than 121,000 families without electricity; half of population without water; wind reaching 210 kph on the mountainous regions; rainfall 80-173 mm (613 mm within 24 hours); roads and bridges flooded, lots of trees fallen or uprooted blocking roads, landslides, electricity and telephone networks damaged and all air traffic closed. These are just a preliminary assessment made by the Town Councillors. Fortunately, Mauritius got a lucky escape.

Madagascar, having the Area of Responsibility, finally (and late), named Tropical Cyclone BEJISA at 7 pm on Sunday 29 December 2013. As Predicted above, about rainfall, Reunion Island experienced 169 mm of rain within 3 hours and total electricity black out caused by thunderbolts.

BEJISA evolved rapidly from Moderate Tropical Storm to Severe Tropical Cyclone within Monday and Tuesday. The Barometric Pressure decreased to 1000 hectopascals moving from 5 kph to 17 kph (970-964 hectopascals and moving at 19 kph according to Meteo-France Reunion). Its trajectory moved to the South or South East. The maximum rainfall was recorded to 14.6 mm in Mon Bois and 10 mm in Grand Bassin and lesser in other regions of Mauritius.

BEJISA intensified on New Year Wednesday 01 January 2014 and was located at 560 km North West of Mauritius. Cyclone Warning class I was issued at 10 am by the Meteorological Services and Warning II was passed at 4.30 pm. The Weather became cloudy and rainy gradually. On Thursday morning BEJISA was positioned at Latitude 19.6 South and Longitude 53.9 East, that is at 385 km West North West and moved 14 kph (20 kph as per Meteo-France) threatening both Mauritius and Reunion.

Reunion issued Cyclone Warning (alerte rouge) as from 10 am. Finally, BEJISA made Landfall around 4 pm in Reunion with lots of impacts as mentioned above.     


 The first Cyclone Track traced by the Meteorological Services of Mauritius forecast BEJISA to 

MMS BEJISA Forecast Track-30 DECEMBER 2013 move West of Mauritius by 03 January 2014. With the change of its trajectory the track got changed gradually (click picture). 

MMS BEJISA Forecast Track -31 DECEMBER 2013

 Moreover, it is difficult to follow the data and information on the site of the MMS of Vacoas, as they are sometimes inaccurate and obsolete.




Meteo-France initially forecasted to move directly on Mauritius by 03 January. This was altered gradually (see pictures). However, BEJISA will move towards the South East after leaving Reunion Island, contrary to the post landfall forecast by Meteo-France, by that of JTWC and of that of MMS . Click here to see live.

Meteo France BEJISA Track-30 DECEMBER 2013

 Meteo France BEJISA Forecast Track-4 pm 30 DECEMBER 2013 JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTRE- BEJISA Forecast Track

 The best forecast track was made by Joint Typhoon Warning Centre-US. The centre of BEJISA passed towards the West of Reunion (two hours earlier).

I have mentioned above that BEJISA will shower lots of rain. In fact, Reunion was flooded better than Mauritius. I also mentioned that it will be moderate. The cyclone blew moderately in Mauritius-90 km of gusts. Rainfall was as follows:

64.6 mm in Port Louis; 74.6 mm in Pailles; 76.2 mm in Albion; 63.4 mm in Moka; 84.8 mm Quatre Bornes; 93.2 mm in Vacoas; 94.2 in Mon Bois; 93 mm in Grand Bassin; 80.2 in Rose Belle; 71.7 mm in Plaisance; 69.4 mm in Riche en Eau; 87 mm in Providence; 85 mm in Nouvelle Decouverte; 106.2 mm in Queen Victoria; 53.6 mm in Belle Mare; 66.4 mm in Mon Loisir and 41.4 mm in Bain Boeuf.


  In the last paragraph I stated that the ‘atmosphere of our region appears bizarre’. See picture of the sky a few days before the formation of BEJISA.


Refer to the picture of the NOAA Climate Prediction Centre- Week 1-valid: December 25, 2013-December 31, 2013. There is indication for the formation of cyclones in Australia. In fact, Cyclone CHRISTINE formed, developed and made landfall in the West and South.

 However, NOAA predicted that there will be ‘below average rainfall''NOAA Climate Prediction Centre-26 December 2013 as from South East of Africa, Madagascar and whole of the Mascarenes, without any probability of cyclone formation. As I was on the watch, Predicting cyclones in series in this particular region, I concluded the formation of Cyclone BEJISA just after the passing of Intense Cyclones AMARA and BRUCE. This was a real challenge, click picture to enlarge.

I made a forecast of 40% probability of BEJISA moving near East of Reunion and 60% for Mauritius. This was based, amongst other data and information, on the impact of the Atmospheric Oscillation of the South Pole. In fact, it is this system that carried away and dissolved AMARA and BRUCE. But, unfortunately the South Pole system was suppressed instead of being enhanced as previously.

Moreover, I Predicted Tornado type of BEJISA. I spent the whole day of 02 January listening to Radio Premiere of Reunion. There were many people from Reunion who witnessed pockets of small Tornadoes within the cyclonic system of BEJISA. The regions of Poudre D’Or, Grand Gaube and Riviere du Rempart in Mauritius have also been affected seriously by unprecedented damage by small Tornadoes. BEJISA had lots of pockets of TORNADOES, just like in the US. According to me this is one of the reasons why BEJISA accelerated its movements. These are the Truth that I am trying to educate with my machinery of ‘CHEVAL DE BATAILLE’. 

 The question that we should ask: are the stakeholders of Disaster Management- Meteo Vacoas and the GHOST-LIKE Disaster Risk Reduction Centre, headed by a Foreign Expert and all driven by PIG HEADED Policy Makers, capable of sensitizing Awareness, Preparedness and Mitigation of Calamities in this Paradise Island? The answer is NO, NO, NO...

 P.KANHYE.                                              11.00 pm THURSDAY 02 JANUARY 2014.  


                  FIRST TROPICAL CYCLONE 'AMARA' 2013-2014   

                                       Follow me on FACEBOOK and also on TWITTER.                   



To regularly receive information from me, please, register your real name and E-mail address. Fictitious ones will be rejected. Marketing & advertisements are not allowed. Thank you.

We have 40 guests and no members online